Thailand has facility for visa on arrival to Indians. We can also apply for Thai tourist visa from our country.Official Visa on Arrival Fees is 2,000 THB (Approximate 4,000 INR).
Now oblivious question, which is the best option. How to apply for it?
Starting from 1 December 2016 until 28 February 2017, Thailand launched two schemes. Details are as follows:
1. Temporary tourist visa fee exemption scheme
All applicants applying for Tourist Visa (single entry) to Thailand during the aforementioned period will be exempted from the visa fee.
In simple statement,if we do visa processing in our country through Thai embassy there will be no fee for visa.
VISA Fees will be 0 INR (ZERO Fees) only processing charges.
2. Temporary Visa on Arrival (VoA) fee reduction scheme.
During the aforementioned period, Visa on Arrival (VoA) fee will be decreased from 2,000 THB to 1,000 THB for applicants of the nationalities which are entitled to apply for the VoA at the designated immigration checkpoints.
In simple statement, if we do visa on arrival there will be fee of 1,000 THB (i.e. 2,000 INR)
VISA Fees will be 2,000 INR.
UPDATES: Thailand extends visa fee waiver scheme until Aug 31 2017
Disadvantage of Visa on Arrival:
2. Time consuming (It will take 1 hour to 1.5 hour on airport based on crowd)
3. You need Thai currency to pay fees at counter.
How to apply for Thai Tourist visa in India.
We did through Cox & Kings Global Services https://th.ckgs.in which costs only 755 INR (i.e. 377.5 INR/Person) for processing charges.
Advantages of Thai Tourist visa done in India:
1. They provide status tracking through website.
2. SMS alert at additional charges.
3. Courier facility at additional cost of 80/- INR.
Please refer below screenshot of my visa clearly shows zero fees.
Documents required for Visa
1. Flights tickets (Round trip)
2. Bank statement of six months with current balance of USD 700 per person.
3. Valid Passport for 6 months from date of entry.
4. Complete Visa Application form with the original signature of the applicant.
5. Two recent photographs of applicant Size - 3.5x4.5cm, white background & matt finish, withapplicant’s signature on the back.
6. Proof Of Hotel / accommodation reservation in Thailand with contact number and address
Visit https://th.ckgs.in to know more
Visit following links to know more
How to do VISA processing
How to exchange the Thai Currency
How to do Hotel booking
Transportation in Bangkok
Airport Process Guide
Go to main article Experience to Thailand Trip (Bangkok, Phuket and Pattaya)